Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bird Trio

My November Kit of the Month from Unity arrived earlier this week, but I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to ink it up. When I saw this card in today's SCS featured stamper's gallery, I immediately thought of the cute image from the kit featuring a trio of birds.

My card stays pretty close to the original version, with just a few changes to make it my own. I stamped the birds from the Kit of the Month in black ink, then centered the "we care" sentiment directly beneath them. The birds are colored with Copic markers and coated with the Angel Wings Shimmerz paints that I had out on my table from last night's card (might as well use it before putting it away . . .).

I found a pretty paisley printed paper from Crate Paper to use for the cardfront. The paisley images sort of remind me of feathers. I layered the colored image panel on cardstock pieces that coordinated with the patterned paper. I added a strip of bold teal satin ribbon across the cardfront before adding the image panel. The final element was a pair of Prima flowers, also lightly coated with Shimmerz paint (like I said, it was out--might as well add it on!). I placed a clear Dew Drop at the center of the pair, then attached them to the card.

Materials Used:
November Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Barely Banana, Kiwi Kiss, and Taken with Teal cardstock (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Crate Paper-Birdie Collection); teal satin ribbon (Michaels); flowers (Prima); Angel Wings paint (Shimmerz); clear Dew Drop

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips