Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Unity Challenge: Week 11

This week's Unity Challenge comes from Lisa. She provided the challenge participants with an inspiration photo that included 4 plates featuring cool images and vibrant colors. The challenge was to base your creation on something from the picture (colors, shapes, images, whatever). Lots of options here!

Here's my card inspired by the plate with the bird image. The image made me think of Unity's Oh! What a Beautiful Morning kit. I think this kit is definitely one of Unity's underappreciated ones! The bird image is so sweet. Here, I stamped the bird and the smallest branch on white cardstock. The images are colored with Copic markers, then I sponged around them with some Summer Sunrise ink for a sunny kind of tint.

I kept the colors of my card close to those of the plate that inspired it, so I paired Papertrey Ink's Pure Poppy and Summer Sunrise cardstock for the card base and panels. I also wanted to include a circular element since the plate was a circle, but I didn't want to do a circular card. So, I decided to cut the images out with a Nestabilities circle die and add some layers, then attach the image to the card. I added the large sentiment along the right side of the card in Dark Chocolate ink.

You can find links to the rest of the challenge participants' blogs in the sidebar on the right. I'm looking forward to seeing what they've created based on the inspiration pieces.

Materials Used:
Oh! What a Beautiful Morning stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Dark Chocolate Palette ink, Pure Poppy and Summer Sunrise cardstock, Pure Poppy grosgrain ribbon, Pure Poppy Swiss Dot satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); circle and petite scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

15 comments:

  1. Lori.. I LOVE THIS!!! i have Oh! What a Beautiful Morning.. and i have NEVER used the bird in RED! you are such an inspriation... GREAT card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have to agree with Brooke...this bird in red is brilliant! LOVE this card!! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it Lori!!!! LOVE these colours...luckily I just received some Poppy!! I'll have to CASE you very soon...thanks for the inspiration girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. I love Poppy, it is one of my favorites. nice sentiment too! So lovely Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is beautiful - love the colours you've used as well !

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it, Lori! great image and LOVE the RED!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the colors and the clean elegant look to this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the card and the colors and the interpretation! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, Lori! This is gorgeous! Love the red and the sideways sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I love that stamp set I find I use it so much! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori, this card is just so cute!! love that little bird. great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lori, Love how you picked up on the plate feature and the colors. So perfectly perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I love that you used the plate as inspiration but didn't mimick it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips