Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Two Hearts

This argyle heart image from Unity Stamp Co. caught my eye--not sure why, but it did, so the image found its way into my cart a few weeks back. I used it for the first time for today's color challenge on SCS. The colors to include were Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink, and Kiwi Kiss. I decided to focus on the red and pink, with just a bit of the kiwi green as an accent color.

I stamped the argyle heart image in Riding Hood Red on Pretty in Pink cardstock, then trimmed around it. I used a scrap of Loves Me designer paper for the panel on the cardfront. I love that paper and I swear that I'm going to use every single scrap of it up! I layered it on a Kiwi Kiss panel, then a Pretty in Pink panel. I wrapped a piece of pink satin ribbon around the panel, then attached the heart to the panel with dimensionals. I added a trio of pinkish red Dew Drops to the upper right corner of the panel to fill in the "white space."

I used the "love" image from September's Kit of the Month as the sentiment on the cardfront. It's stamped in Riding Hood Red on Pretty in Pink cardstock, then layered on a Kiwi Kiss panel. I love the whimsical look of this image!

Materials Used:
Argyle Heart, love sentiment (Unity Stamp Co.); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Loves Me designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); oval dies (Nestabilities); pink satin ribbon (Target); Dew Drops

And, here's another challenge card. This one's for a challenge at Verve Stamps leading up to Verve's new releases in just a few days. Julee's posted all five sketches in the Verve group at Paper Craft Planet, so if you want to get a head start, get on over to PCP today.

I started with the simplest of the five sketches. I love how this one's quick and easy to do with either a piece of patterned paper or an embossed panel accented by a single stamped image. I thought I'd stay with the heart/love theme from my first card, so I used the Wild Thing stamp set for my card. I stamped the heart image in Rose Red on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. It's layered on mats to match the stripes in the patterned paper. The paper's not too masculine, not too feminine--I really like it. I tied a strip of double-faced ribbon around the cardfront before attaching the stamped image panel. The sentiment is stamped in Close to Cocoa ink, near the bottom of the card.

The polls are now closed in my home state. I waited for about 45 minutes this morning to cast my vote at the elementary school near my house. When I arrived, the line stretched out the door, across the front of the school, and around the corner, down the block, and was even longer when I finished voting. Wow! Off to watch the election returns now on this historic night . . .

Materials Used:
(Verve Stamps); Rose Red and Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Sahara Sand, Rose Red, Close to Cocoa, and Sahara Sand cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); ribbon (American Crafts); patterned paper (Scribble Scrabble-Betty's Collection line)

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful cards. I can see why that argyle heart caught your eye, its adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips