Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yet Another Cutie

If you 've stopped by here over the last few days, you've probably noticed that I've been on somewhat of a cute critter kick lately. I'm continuing that trend tonight with my card for the latest installment of Taylor's Cupcake Challenge. And, I have some more planned for later this week . . .

I used the Cupcake Flopsey set from My Favorite Things for this card. I love coloring this bunny image! It's stamped in Rich Cocoa ink--I think the brown gives the colored image a little softer look--and colored with Copic markers.

I matched the colors for the image and the rest of the card to the patterned paper from Sassafras Lass. The card base is Papertrey Ink's Plum Pudding cardstock. I used the lighter Lavender Moon as an accent and for the dotted ribbon around the card. I repeated the circle element from the patterned paper and the ribbon by adding a pair of pink buttons to the top and bottom squares on the left side of the pattern.

I used the bold Plum Pudding ink to stamp the sentiment directly on the patterned paper on the cardfront, carefully positioning it around the pattern. I love how clear stamps let you do that so easily!

Materials Used:
Cupcake Flopsey image and sentiment (My Favorite Things); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (Sassafras Lass-Daydream); Plum Pudding and Lavender Moon cardstock, Plum Pudding Palette ink, Lavender Moon Swiss dot ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Pretty in Pink cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" square punch, glue dots, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); buttons (Walmart)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips