Thursday, December 4, 2008

Black and White Elegance

Here’s my card for today’s Paper Craft Planet 12 Days of Christmas event. Today is day 7 and we’ve had a few days of birds and eggs and stuff like that all in a row, so we’re switching it up just a little. For today, the challenge is to create an elegant, black and white card with just a splash of another color if you choose to add it.

I knew right away that I’d use the dancing couple image found in the Heartfelt Hits set I recently got from Gina K Designs. I stamped the couple in a shimmery black ink on a piece of Gina’s new Pure Luxury white cardstock. The ink isn't a true black and you can kind of see that, and the shimmer, here in the photo. I used the same ink to stamp the sentiment along the edge of the white panel at the left side of the card.

I used some fancy black and white paper from SEI’s Black Orchid collection to create a panel for the cardfront. I tied a piece of white satin ribbon around the panel as an elegant accent. For my splash of color, I added a pair of elegant velvet flowers to the corner of the image panel. The red really draws your attention to the image.

I'll be back in just a little while with tomorrow's Paper Craft Planet challenge . . .

Materials Used:
Heartfelt Hits stamp set, Pure Luxury white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Starlite Black ink (Brilliance); patterned paper (SEI’s Black Orchid line); white satin ribbon (Michaels); Basic Black cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest—from Kitchen Sink Stamps); velvet flowers (Prima)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips