Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Colorful Celebrate

I combined today's sketch challenge on SCS with Kristina's latest color challenge and today's 12 Days of Christmas challenge on Paper Craft Planet (today is day 6=6 geese a laying, so it calls for projects with birds or eggs). There are lots of colors going on here--Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White. I managed to get them all in on one relatively small tag punch!

I used one of the bird images from SU!'s A Little Birdie Told Me set as the main image. I paper pieced the bird's body. The hat was stamped separately on a scrap of white paper and colored with markers, then embellished with some Stickles. I stamped just part of the "it's time to celebrate!" sentiment on the tag, alongside the bird. I layered the tag on a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock, then trimmed around it to create the tag shape. The straight edges made it easy to do.

I used a piece of polka dotted Pumpkin Pie paper from the Summer Picnic paper pack for the panels on the cardfront. I layered each strip on a Chocolate Chip mat. I placed a strip of teal satin ribbon from the top of the card to the center of the bottom panel. I set the tag on the cardfront using dimensionals, then used a glue dot to attach a bow just above the tag. Cute and quick!

Materials Used:
A Little Birdie Told Me stamp set, Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Chocolate Chip marker, Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, large tag punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); markers (Copic Ciao); Diamond Stickles (Ranger); teal satin ribbon (Michaels)

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! and I love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! and I love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great. All those colors and challenges in one. Good Job! The colors where tough I thought. TSF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors - it is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The panels are too much fun! I like how the ribbon seems to "tie" everything together. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card Lori! Love the colors! Cute bird too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to combine both challenges. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors, the design and the overall look. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips