Friday, December 26, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 79

This week’s blogger challenge theme is "celebrate." I’m sharing a card I made for a Great Swaps Girls swap earlier in the year that I just realized I never shared here. It’s perfect for this week’s theme!

When I saw the Cheers to You set in the Fall/Winter SU! catalog, I knew I’d have to order it. It’s great for so many occasions. I created a celebratory card for the swap using the champagne glass image. I stamped the image in black ink, then colored it with my So Saffron ink pad and a blender pen. I covered the colored portion of the image with Crystal Effects to give it a liquid-like look. Once the Crystal Effects had dried, I used my two way glue pen to add some Dazzling Diamonds to the image, too.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I used one of my go-to layouts and simple accent pieces, like the Rose Red grosgrain ribbon, a small scalloped strip of brushed silver cardstock, and a black and gray striped piece of paper from the Ghostly Greetings designer paper pack (yes, this year’s Halloween paper—doesn’t it look elegant here?) to complete the card.

For more celebratory ideas, you can visit the other challenge participants. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Cheers to You stamp set, Rose Red, So Saffron, and Basic Black Classic inks, Rose Red, So Saffron, Basic Black, Whisper White, and Brushed Silver cardstock, Ghostly Greetings designer paper, 1 ¾” circle punch, scallop edge punch, Coluzzle, Rose Red grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

16 comments:

  1. Ohhh this is cute! Love the corrigated cardstock! and your sketch! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...I love the black pin stripes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Lori! Great design and colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you chose...and that DP does look elegant! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute. Great layout and colors. Hope you have a great New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're thinking alike this week!!! I love the layout too! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Very creative using the Ghostly Greetings for this--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is nice..I love the corrugated paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The glitter and Crystal effects makes the perfect finish! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lori,

    This is a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! - The glitter just sets this off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. I love new years cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! The Ghostly Greetings DSP looks so elegant here...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips