Thursday, December 25, 2008

Turning a Negative into a Positive

When I was doing my swaps for the SU! convention over the summer, I decided I'd do a card using the split negative technique with the large heart image from the Always stamp set. So, I heat embossed tons of the heart image on black and white cardstock pieces. After I did that, I changed my mind about the color scheme for the project (settled on this card using brown and white instead) and I was left with tons of embossed images. I decided to put some of the images to use for this card I made for this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge from Julee and for the "Lovey Dovey" challenge at Our Creative Corner, too. And, really, let me know if you want some of these embossed images-- I'm not kidding when I say I have a bunch --LOL!

I lined up the two pieces of the heart image to create a two-toned complete image. I layered the pieces on a Riding Hood Red panel. I placed a piece of Brushed Silver cardstock behind this. It really creates a nice contrast to the black, white, and red.

The panel on the cardfront is made from a piece of paper from the Candy Lane designer paper pack that will be available in the upcoming SU! catalog (and is part of the current Love You Much bundle promotion). I am loving the colors and patterns in this pack--I have a feeling I'll be ordering more of it . . . I added a silver scallop edge panel, topped with a strip of black, along the top of the patterned paper panel and stamped the simple sentiment along the bottom. It was hard, but I resisted adding more "stuff" to the card, keeping it clean and simple.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Always stamp set, Basic Black Classic ink, Basic Black and White Craft inks, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, and Brushed Silver cardstock, Candy Lane designer paper, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Winter White and Black embossing powders

5 comments:

  1. I love this two tone thing. How the heck did you line it up so perfectly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lori, LOVE the gorgeous design! Thanks for playing along with the OCC, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Lori. Love the positive/negative effect. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips