Sunday, December 7, 2008

Earthy Gratitude

I made this quick card (way less than 30 minutes from start to finish) for today's Featured Stamper challenge on SCS. I liked so many of the cards in Anna's gallery that I had a hard time choosing which one to work with!

I decided on this one for the challenge. My card uses the same layout and a similar looking image, but other than that, I changed lots of the details. I wanted an earthy look, so I randomly stamped an image from Unity Stamp Co.'s Gratitude=Joy kit in Mellow Moss Craft ink on a piece of Kraft cardstock. I rubbed the edges with a little ink from my PTI Vintage Cream ink pad for some definition. I decided to use only one wider strip of ribbon around the cardfront, instead of the two Anna had in her card.

The main image panel is the same leafy image along with just the "gratitude" portion of the "gratitude=joy" sentiment. I used Close to Cocoa Craft ink for the sentiment so the inks would have the same look. The stamped panels are layered on a Mellow Moss cardfront. I'm really pleased with how this turned out!

Materials Used:
Gratitude=Joy stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Mellow Moss and Close to Cocoa Craft inks, Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, and Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); moss grosgrain ribbon (Morex); Vintage Cream Palette ink (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, I love this card. I am a fan of craft card stock. I like the look and clean line (again) that you are known for in my book!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips