Saturday, December 6, 2008

More Challenging Than I Thought . . .

I really liked the sketch that Taylor shared for her weekly Cupcake Challenge. For some reason, it ended up being much more difficult for me than I thought it would be.

Here's my first attempt. I used the cute bunny image, Cupcake Flopsey, from My Favorite Things. It just barely fit inside the oval--that probably should have been my sign to stop and do something else! I colored the image with Copic markers and embellished the cupcake with some Stickles.

I used a scrap of patterned paper from a My Mind's Eye paper pack for the panel on the bottom of the card. The colors coordinate really well with some of Papertrey Ink's Perfect Match colors, so I pulled out some of those for the card. The sentiment is stamped directly ont he patterned paper using Berry Sorbet ink. I embossed the cardfront with the Swiss Dot folder to go along with the dotted pattern on the paper.

It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to use for the trio of embellishments in the upper left corner of the card. I ended up with some tiny pink Prima flowers and placed tiny clear crystals at their centers.

Materials Used:
Cupcake Flopsey stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Xerox); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye paper pad); oval dies (Nestabilities); Berry Sorbet Palette ink, Lemon Tart and Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); flowers (Prima); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); crystal stickers (Martha Stewart); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

Since I wasn't totally thrilled with the first card, I decided to try again. Since we had our very first visible (not measurable, but visible on cars and the grass) snowfall today, I pulled out my wintery Glideabella stamp from Stamping Bella. I paired it with a piece of sparkly patterned paper from a My Mind's Eye holiday paper pack and Papertrey Ink's Aqua Mist paper. The Bella image is colored to coordinate with the paper. I really like this color combination for winter cards!

I used a block of shimmery silver paper along the bottom of the card, kind of like an ice rink for the image. I stamped the "you're cool!" sentiment from Amuse on the panel and added a line of blue dome embellishments. I also added a trio of clear dome embellishments to the patterned paper panel. They don't show up too well--maybe I should peel them off and replace them with rhinestones . . .

Materials Used:
Glideabella image (Stamping Bella); sentiment (Amuse); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); oval dies (Nestabilities); Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Diamond Stickles (Ranger); clear and blue dome embellishments (Michaels); silver paper (Target)

3 comments:

  1. Like them both but am partial to the Glide-a-bella. We're getting a coating to an inch of snow tonight in the Philadelphia area so the Glide-a-bella has a special appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, both are so cute! Love the stickles on that yummy looking cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips