Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snowy Scenes

I made this card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. I've wanted to use the adorable deer image in Unity's November Kit of the Month, but never had the "right" thing to use it on. I substituted the deer image for the House Mouse image in this card.

I colored the deer with Copic markers, then sponged a night sky around it in Blue Bayou ink. I added some chunky glitter snow for the deer to stand on. The image is layered on a Mellow Moss panel, then on a Riding Hood Red scalloped rectangle.

I used a piece of My Mind's Eye holiday paper for the large panel on the cardfront. I added a trio of ribbons along the side of the panel. Instead of punching a hole in the paper and tying the ribbon through that, I simply knotted three small pieces of silver ribbon and attached them to the patterned paper with tiny glue dots.

I liked how the stamped image was offset to the side of the larger panel, so I did that on my card. I added a pretty sparkly snowflake to the upper left corner of the image panel to complete the card.

Materials Used:
November Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Blue Bayou Classic ink, Mellow Moss, Riding Hood Red, and Kraft cardstock, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); self-adhesive rhinestone, chunky glitter, snowflake ornament, silver ribbon (Michaels)

And, here's another card featuring a scene set in the snow. I used Taylor's sketch challenge as the basis for this one. The image panel is made with stamps from the DoodleFactory Santa's Sweet Shoppe set from Starving Artistamps. I stamped the sleigh first, then masked the image to add in the trio of gifts.

The sleigh was colored with Copic markers and embellished with some Glitz Stickles. These are extra-sparkly, with more glittery stuff than regular Stickles. More Stickles than I usually use, but I like how it looks here. I carefully cut around the stamped image (this took a long time!), then layered it on the panel with dimensionals. I made a snowy base on the panel using strips of torn white cardstock.

I used the snowflake images from the set to randomly stamp a pattern on Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red panels. I attached the panels to a Pink Pirouette card base, covering the seam between the two panels with a piece of white grosgrain ribbon. I really like this color combination for non-traditional wintery and holiday cards!

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Santa's Sweet Shoppe stamp set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); White craft ink, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White cardstock, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); pink satin ribbon, white grosgrain ribbon. red self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels); Glitz Stickles (Ranger)

1 comment:

  1. Love the color combination and the layers of snow you created with torn paper! Thanks for playing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips