Saturday, December 6, 2008

Paper Craft Planet Pair

I had so much fun hosting the 12 Days of Christmas challenge at Paper Craft Planet yesterday! I saw a bunch of fabulous cow images on the cards for the challenge. I may need to add a few of them to my collection . . .

The theme for the challenge for Day 9 is girls to go along with "9 ladies dancing." I went with a lady who's cooking for my card for the challenge. I used the Gourmet Darling image from Clear & Simple Stamps for my girl image.

I colored the Darling with Copic markers and matted her on a Chocolate Chip scalloped panel. The cardfront is covered with a piece of textured patterned paper from Crate Paper's Mia collection (Kate has this gorgeous collection of papers in stock at i {heart} papers). I added a few simple embellishments (layered circle panels for a sentiment, trio of copper brads, some grosgrain ribbon) to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Gourmet Darling stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, and Kraft cardstock, 1 3/8" and 1 3/4" circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Crate Paper-Mia Collection); copper brads (Making Memories); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); red grosgrain ribbon, red confetti flower (Michaels); copper bauble (Stamping Bella)

And, Saturday is also sketch challenge day at Paper Craft Planet. Each Saturday, one of the DT members posts a new sketch to try. Melanie gave us a fun one to work with this week. There's not much stamping on my version, but I really like how it turned out.

I used a Martha Stewart snowflake punch to create a trio of silver snowflakes. They're layered on shimmery white cardstock circles and embellished with blue rhinestones. I used a strip of white satin ribbon to hide where the Swiss Dot embossed Baja Breeze panel meets the Riding Hood Red panel. To continue the snowflake theme, I used another Martha Stewart punch along the bottom edge of the red panel. This border punch both punches and embosses--cool! I added the "warmest wishes" sentiment from the Never a Loss 4 Words stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps along the bottom of the panel, then attached the pieces to a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Never a Loss 4 Words stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Kraft, and Shimmery White cardstock, Encore Silver ink, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); snowflake punch, snowflake embossing border punch (Martha Stewart); silver paper (Target); white satin ribbon (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips