Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 28

Here’s my card for this week’s recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week’s required ingredients were using red and white, incorporating a heart into your design, and using a household item to stamp.

I created a clean and simple card incorporating the three elements. I used SU!’s Top Note die to cut a panel from white cardstock. Using letters from the 1/2 Pint Playful Alphabet Buddy set from Kitchen Sink Stamps, I stamped the word “love” on the left side of the note in red pigment ink. I stamped three heart images from the KSS Love & Luck stamp set on a scrap of paper and trimmed closely around them. I added the trio of hearts to the right side of the panel using dimensionals.

I had originally planned to use a cork to stamp on my card, but after many unsuccessful attempts to locate some corks that I know I have somewhere in my house, I settled for using a sponge to “stamp” instead. I brushed some red ink along the edges of the Top Note die before adding it to the cardfront.

For more inspiration using this recipe (both cards and scrapbook layouts), check out Tamara's blog.

Materials Used:
1/2 Pint Playful Alphabet Buddy, Love & Luck stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red Craft ink, Real Red and Whisper White cardstock, Top Note die, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); white grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); silver ribbon (i {heart} papers)

4 comments:

  1. So clean and crisp Lori....fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card, Lori you are very talented and I am very much in aw of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the layout and design on this. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clean and simple look of your card Lori! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips