Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday Thanks

The holidays are fast approaching and with that comes a lot of gift giving and receiving. And, that leads to lots of thank you's, too. With that in mind, the i {heart} papers design team has decided to provide some inspiration for those thank you notes that you'l be needing to create and send.

I created this thank you card using Lauren's Saturday Sketch. The panel on the cardfront is made from some glittery My Mind's Eye paper. The paper's name has flower in it, but I think the images look kinda like snowflakes . . . I curved the top corners of the panel and layered it on a slightly larger red panel to pick up the red in the pattern.

I tied a piece of reversible pink and brown satin ribbon around the patterned paper panel. I love how you can see both colors of this ribbon when it's tied in a knot.

I layered a simple medallion over the ribbon at the top of the panel. The medallion was created from an elegant vellum die cut layered on a pink scalloped circle. I embellished the medallion with a simple pink sparkly flower.


The tiny sparkly flower came from the same Simple Messages stamp set as the thank you sentiment at the bottom of the card. Isn't that a great idea for a stamp set--stamps and sparkly stuff all in one!!

I used cream pigment ink to stamp the thank you sentiment, matching the cream background of the patterned paper.

For more holiday thank you inspiration, you can visit the rest of the i {heart} papers design team. You can find a list of IHP DT members in the sidebar on the left.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Hero Arts Sparkle Clear Simple Messages stamp set, K & Co. Swell Noel Die Cut Vellum pad, brown/pink ribbon, My Mind's Eye Fun Lovin Funny Flowers
Other: Riding Hood Red, Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, and Kraft cardstock, corner rounder, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Threaded Water punch (Fiskars); Vintage Cream Palette Ink (Papertrey Ink)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips