Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sketches by {Tamara}: Week 27

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week's required ingredients were paint, circles, and chipboard.

I started with a chipboard star from a Colorbok chipboard package. The star was covered with a glossy paper on both sides--pink with white polka dots on the front and a plain white on the back. I covered the white side with several coats of Barely Banana craft ink. After the ink was dry (with a little help from my heat tool--I was getting impatient . . .), I painted it with Angel Wings Shimmerz paint. If you're looking for some, Kate has recently added these to the products available at i {heart} papers.


I created a panel to be a backdrop for the heart using a piece of patterned paper featuring circles and a coordinating shade of pink paper. I tied a piece of pink ribbon around the panel, then attached it to a light green mat to pick up the green in the paper's pattern. I added a trio of pink Dew Drops to the upper right corner of the patterned paper panel for one final circle element. I stamped the "You Rock!" sentiment from the Essential Sentiments set from My Favorite Things three times in Regal Rose Craft ink along the bottom of the panel to complete the card.


Materials Used:
Essential Sentiments stamp set (My Favorite Things); patterned paper (K & Co.); Barely Banana and Regal Rose Craft inks, Barely Banana, Gable Green, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); pink satin ribbon (Target); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Angel Wings Shimmerz (i {heart} papers); chipboard star (Colorbok); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

2 comments:

  1. Lori, this is way too cute, love the DSP that you use for this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Lori! I love the look of the shimmerz paint on the star.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips