Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Season's Greetings and Such

I love the colors in today's SCS color combination challenge! I made a quick holiday card using the colors. Now that I'm finished with this card, I'm thinking about why I didn't go with this clean and simple layout for my own holiday cards instead of the much more ambitious one I went with (I'll share it once I finish them--if I ever finish them--and get them off in the mail) . . .

I used Verve's Snowflake Splendor set for all of the images here. I cut two Top Note pieces, one in shimmery white and one in Riding Hood Red. The three different size snowflake images are stamped randomly in Riding Hood Red, Taken with Teal, and Baja Breeze inks on the white panel. The difference between the Taken with Teal and Baja Breeze is pretty subtle here! I added a dot of Crystal Ice Stickles to the center of each snowflake. This stuff is chunkier than "regular" Stickles and adds a nice, dimensional sparkle.

I layered the panels, then trimmed off one side to make a straight edge. I wrapped a piece of red grosgrain ribbon around the card, then attached the panel over it. This is one of those cards that looks so much prettier in person--I wish my photo showed it better!

Materials Used:
Snowflake Splendor stamp set (Verve Stamps); Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, and Taken with Teal Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, and Shimmery White cardstock, Top Note die (Stampin' Up!); Crystal Ice Stickles (Ranger); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

And, while I'm on the topic of holiday cards, here's another holiday themed one I made for this week's sketch at Page Plans. I used the adorable Warm and Cozy Christmas set from Gina K and Gina’s fabulous new Pure Luxury paper, too.

I stamped the snow scene on the white paper and colored it with Copic markers. The markers work so nicely on the smooth paper! I added a sponged blue sky and some Diamond Stickles snowflakes to the image before attaching it to a red scalloped rectangle.

The strip down the center of the card is embossed with the Cuttlebug Snowflakes folder. I rubbed a little shimmery white ink over the embossed snowflakes to highlight them.

I stamped the sentiment in red ink, then added a matching tiny red bow to the top left corner of the panel. Such a simple, cute embellishment!

Materials Used:
Warm and Cozy Christmas, Pure Luxury white cardstock (Gina K Designs); patterned paper (DCWV Christmas Stack); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Diamond Stickles (Ranger); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); Snowflake embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Real Red and Cool Caribbean Classic inks, Real Red and Old Olive cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Aunt Lori! I like the little girl and the snowman because it's beuatiful and that's all.
    Love, Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute snow cards. You gotta love snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cute card and I love "Jake's" comment and that's all!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips