Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Unity Challenge: Week 17

It’s time for another Unity Customer Challenge. This week’s challenge theme was provided by Amy. She challenged us to make a monochromatic card. I decided to take a break from the winter and holiday theme I’ve been leaning towards a lot lately and go in a different direction.

There’s something—I don’t know what exactly—about this argyle heart image that I really like. Maybe it’s the non-frilly look of the argyle within the traditionally feminine heart image . . . Anyway, I used the heart as the focal point for my monochromatic pink/red card. I kept the card clean and simple and it came together in about 15 minutes from start to finish.

I stamped the image two times in pigment ink on scraps of Pink Pirouette paper, then trimmed around them. I set the hearts on a scrap of dotted embossed Pink Pirouette paper. I added a Rose Red scalloped strip to the bottom edge of the embossed paper and tied a strip of matching Rose Red grosgrain ribbon around the embossed panel. I layered all of this on a Regal Rose panel to match the ink I used for the hearts.

After everything was placed, I stamped the “together” sentiment from Sentiments O’Simple above the embossed strip. Using the strip as a guide, I was able to get the sentiment pretty straight!

Materials Used:
Argyle Heart, Sentiments O’Simple kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Rose Red Classic ink, Regal Rose Craft ink, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Rose Red cardstock, scallop edge punch, Rose Red grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

10 comments:

  1. Oh lori, so pretty!!! I love that heart, I think I need to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute!! LOVE that heart paired up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!! I love this heart and I just got it and have not inked it up yet! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!! It would really well with the VSN coming up too...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely as always, Lori. great heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh, this is so pretty! I love that argyle heart...puts me in the mood for Valentines! smiles...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips