Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pacific Blue Bird

I seem to turn to the Unity kit Oh! What a Beautiful Morning a lot for SCS sketch challenges. It creates a pretty scene so easily!

I stamped the branch and bird image in brown ink, then colored them with Copic markers. I added some sky around the image using a sponge loaded with Cool Caribbean ink. The bird is cut out and added to the scene with dimensionals. I had just enough room to add the "Hi!" sentiment from Sentiments O' Simple. The sentiment that came with the Beautiful Morning kit was just too big for this layout and my placement of the images.

I chose the colors to coordinate with the plaid paper from October Afternoon. The paper picks up the colors of three of SU!'s In Colors almost exactly--Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Kiwi Kiss. I used all three of these colors in the panels on the cardfront.

To add some texture, I used small strips of Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon for the panels that divide the blocks on the cardfront. The ribbon is layered in Baja Breeze and Pacific Point pieces so it stands out a little more--it was lost when I tried the ribbon directly on the paper. I added a pearl Dew Drop to each piece of ribbon, too.

Despite my post from last evening, it appears that my holiday card making is not yet over for this holiday season. This morning, one of my coworkers ordered a few holiday cards, so I'm off to work on getting them done so I can get them to her in time for her to get them in the mail . . .


Materials Used:
Oh! What a Beautiful Morning and Sentiments O' Simple stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Pacific Point and Cool Caribbean Classic inks, Pacific Point and Baja Breeze cardstock, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (October Afternoon-Picnic Basket); pearl Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips