Saturday, January 24, 2009

Always

Here's my card for this week's sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. Jessica is our hostess this week--and it's her birthday, too! Happy birthday, Jess! And, in honor of Jessica's birthday, Gina K is generously offering a prize to a random winner drawn from the participants in this week's challenge. Check out all the details here.

When I saw Jessica's sketch, I immediately thought of the stack of already embossed heart images from the Always stamp set that I have lying around, just waiting to be used. I managed to incorporate two of them into this card by cutting the embossed iamges in half, then merging them to create the single heart. I attached them to a Riding Hood Red scrap, then cut around them to make the mat behind the image.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I used a piece of patterned paper from the Candy Lane designer paper pack and embellished it with a paper pierced strip, a scallop edged strip, and some ribbon, then layered it on a black panel. I arranged the heart and the "always" sentiment, then layered the panel on a Riding Hood Red card base.

The trio of brads were an after thought. Fortunately, I was able to lift up the black panel to place the brads with no damage done.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Always stamp set, Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Basic Black and White Craft inks, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, Candy Lane designer paper, Crystal Clear and Black embossing powder, scallop edge punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, mat pack and paper piercing tool, black grosgrain ribbon, silver brads, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. this is totally cute!!! I love this :) so makes me want this set.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love what you did with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOHHHHH I love this! Another of my favorite stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips