Saturday, January 24, 2009

Escape from Winter

In between loads of laundry and vacuuming (why in the world is Cosmo the crazy dog shedding--yes, shedding--in the middle of the winter?) today, I managed to get a few challenge cards completed.

This one is for the winter card challenge from the Clear & Simple Stamps group on Paper Craft Planet. The challenge was to make a winter themed card with the colors blue and white. I used the Jet-setter Darling set for my card. I thought it was perfect for the challenge. I mean, who doesn't want to jet away to somewhere warm during the winter??

I did a lot of paper piecing on the stamped image. The dress is done with pieces of Memory Box Homespun paper. For her carry-on bag, I embossed a piece of Brocade Blue cardstock with the Houndstooth embossing folder, then stamped the image and cut it out to fit. I colored the rest of the image with Copic markers. I had just enough room along the right side of the panel to fit some of the sentiments along the side.

I used other shades of blue for the cardfront, along with some more of the matching patterned paper. The image is attached to the cardfront on an angle, using dimensionals. I embellished it with a trio of blue Prima flowers with rhinestones at the centers.

If you're crazy about these Clear & Simple "darlings" like I am, you'll be excited to see the new ones that are on the way. I just may have a sneak peek or two to share with you very soon . . .

Materials Used:
Jet-setter Darling stamp set (Clear and Simple Stamps); Brocade Blue Classic ink, Brocade Blue and Bashful Blue cardstock, Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Pure Luxury white cardstock (Gina K); markers (Copic Ciao); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Homespun patterned paper (Memory Box); Houndstooth embossing folder (Cuttlebug); flowers (Prima); blue self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels)

This card is for this week's Viva la Verve sketch challenge. In addition to following the sketch, the other requirement was to include flowers. So, I started with Verve's Petals & Stems stamp set. I stamped the flower to match the colors in the K & Company striped paper I used for the panel on the cardfront. The small flower was stamped in Regal Rose ink on Pink Pirouette cardstock, then cut out and embellished with a pink rhinestone.

I had room on the image panel to stamp the sentiment alongside the flower in Baja Breeze ink. I also added a ribbon tab to the panel. I was able to put all of the pieces of the card together quickly after that. I really like the look of the layout and the spring-like feel of the card.

Materials Used:
Petals & Stems stamp set (Verve Stamps); Kiwi Kiss, Regal Rose, and Baja Breeze Classic inks, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Pirouette Pink, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock, Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (K & Company); pink self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips