Friday, January 2, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 80

This week's blogger challenge was a color challenge. It's one of my favorites--Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, and Real Red (plus either white or vanilla).

I went back to my Love You Much set again for this challenge with a plan to make a Valentine's Day card that wasn't too "girlie." I decided to make the bird pair the focal image. The birds were stamped on scraps of Real Red and Baja Breeze cardstock, then cut out and placed over the stamped images on a Very Vanilla circle. I covered the heart part of the image with Dazzling Diamonds.

I used a piece of Bella Rose designer paper for the panel on the top of the card. I still have tons of this paper to work my way through! I added a red panel underneath it with a scalloped border and tied a red ribbon around it, too.

I didn't want to use the sentiment that came with the set on this card, so I pulled one from the Best Wishes & More set instead. I stamped it along the bottom of the card in Real Red ink--yes, it's red, even though it doesn't look too red in the photo . . .

More color inspiration can be found on the other participants' blogs. You can find a list of challenge players in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Love You Much and Best Wishes & More stamp sets, Real Red and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Real Red, Baja Breeze, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Bella Rose designer paper, scallop edge punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Dazzling Diamonds, Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

23 comments:

  1. Cute card! The little sentiment on it is perfect for Valentine's Day and I forgot all about my Bella Rose paper when doing this challenge...DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love the clean and crisp look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Lori. I just love, and aspire to immulate, this clean simple look. It's really quite stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used a scallop on the bottom layer of red and how you colored the birds! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cute Lori - love the clean crip look along with the paper pieced birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love the way you used the colors! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too cute Lori! Love your layout! Wonderful job with these colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute! I love the paper you picked and you did a great job with the color balance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, Lori...the birds are my favorite in this set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card Lori!! The colour combo is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. The paper piecing of the birds really makes them pop!! Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great, Lori. I love how you used a different sentiment - it really works with the cute birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh DELIGHTFUL! Love this card!!! Beautifully done! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lori, this is a perfect use of the colors in this challenge. I love those love birds!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute card, Lori! I love your sentiment--perfect to go with the little birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card Lori!! The stamps and layout are perfect with these colors:)
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! Love those birdies! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet and Cute! Love the crisp clean feel of this card and those sweet little birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute card I love the little birds. Such a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How adorably cute!!!! Love the colors and the crisp look!!! Awesome awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is wonderful! Such a simple yet adorable card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips