Thursday, January 1, 2009

Trying Something New . . .

It's the first day of the new year and I'm beginning the year by trying something new, or new to me at least. I used my very first digi stamps today. I got them from The Greeting Farm, formerly Pink Poison. TGF had a new release today and when I stopped by to order some new goodies, I also wanted to include some Anya images with my order. Unfortunately, the ones I wanted were sold out. So, I decided to try some of the brand new digi Anyas that are available for instant download and use.

Here's my first one. It's not exactly my first since I tried out my coloring on another Anya or two before finishing this one to figure out how the printer ink and Copic markers would work together. I found that the markers smeared the inks just a bit if I colored over the lines. It was more evident with the light markers. I also noticed that the light colored marker tips sometimes picked up the black ink and needed to be scribbled on a scrap paper to be cleaned.

I added some plaid October Afternoon paper to coordinate with Anya's plaid dress, then matted her on coordinating cardstock. I put a blue flower, painted with some sparkly Angel Wings Shimmerz, in her hair using a dimensional. I tied a piece of light blue satin ribbon around the patterned panel and added a little scalloped edge, too. Everything is arranged on a Pacific Point card base. The sentiment is from the Home Sweet Home set. I just inked up the word "friends" from one of the longer phrases. I think I'm going to like using these digi images!

Materials Used:
Dorothy Anya digi stamp, Home Sweet Home stamp set (The Greeting Farm); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Pacific Point Classic ink, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White cardstock, scallop edge punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon-Picnic Basket); blue satin ribbon, blue flower (Target); green dots (Stamping Bella); Angel Wings Shimmerz (i {heart} papers)

4 comments:

  1. So cute Lori! Love the blues and greens! I find that the GP white works best with my printer and copics. Although it can smear too. I've printed and let it dry overnight and that seemed to work a bit better. I don't know, it's hit and miss with digi prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic Lori!! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love the colors you chose. Yet another fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I've done a lot of digital stamping and if you heat set your ink really well your copics should work fine. Of course, it really depends on your printer ink. I've used copics, water based markers, colored pencils with mineral spirits, and even water colors. Any one interested in some cute digital images should check out squigglefly.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips