Friday, January 23, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 83

This week’s blogger challenge was a color challenge using red, Kiwi Kiss, black, and either white or vanilla. Since I have a few shades of red to work with, I incorporated a little of two different shades, using both Real Red and Riding Hood Red in my card.

I pulled out my A Happy Heart set for the challenge. I haven’t used it much, but I really like the images. I colored the image with markers here so I could use several colors on it. I stamped it on shimmery white cardstock—so pretty!

The card base is black, covered mostly by a panel of Riding Hood Red. The red and black are so striking together. I wanted to use a panel of striped Riding Hood Red paper on the cardfront, but realized I didn’t have any (note to self—add to next SU! order. . .), so I substituted striped Kiwi Kiss paper. Worked out fine, I think. I tied a piece of Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon around the panel, then layered it on the card. I added a trio of silver brads to fill in the “empty” space on the left side of the card.

For more inspiration using this pretty color combination, stop by and visit the other challenge players. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
A Happy Heart stamp set, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, and Shimmery White cardstock, Kiwi Kiss Patterns designer paper, Real Red, Old Olive, and Basic Black markers, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, silver brads, dimensionals

19 comments:

  1. This is super cute!!! Love the LO and your use of the colors from the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we had the same colors in mind this week with the ruby red. Love the layout and the flower is PERFECT with these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Lori! Like how you used the triple brads as an accent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoohooo Lori! Another "out of the park" hit with this card. I love the special elements that make this card so enjoyable to view!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is really pretty, Lori! I love that dandelion image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty Lori - love the dandelion with a touch of color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is great! Love the layout. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute and joyful card! Love the colors and layout - a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice!! You rocked this color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Cute! I love that set and almost used it for my card. You did a wonderful job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card...I think that set is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lori, what a great set to use with those colours. I like the layout you have used.

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Lori! What a terrific design and I just love all of the little details that you've added here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very pretty. Ggreat card for anyone (I love that). Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips