Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Unity Challenge: Week 21

This week's Unity Addicts Challenge is brought to us by Lisa, who also designs stamps for Unity (how cool is that??). Her challenge was to create a Valentine with red, yellow, robin's egg blue, and pink. Definitely not traditional Valentine colors, right?

Since the colors were a little non-traditional, I decided to put a slightly non-traditional slant on my card, too. I decided those colors would be great for a card for a child. I pulled out my Cuter Than Most kit for this fun one. I colored the one-eyed alien with Copic markers and added a wiggly eye for fun.

I used a scrap of paper from the Sassafrass Lass Sunshine Lollipops pad to cover most of the cardfront. With a blue faux stitched strip and some red ribbon along the bottom, I was able to tone the yellow down just a bit. I stamped the "I've got my eye on you" sentiment directly on the patterned paper with red craft ink. For the pink, I added a pink felt heart embellishment to the alien image. So cute and kid-friendly!

For more Unity inspiraton, you can visit the rest of the Unity Addicts. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Cuter than Most stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); oval dies (Nestabilities); Baja Breeze Classic ink, Real Red Craft ink, Real Red, Baja Breeze, and Yoyo Yellow cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Sunshine Lollipops designer paper pad (Sassafras Lass); felt heart (Michaels); wiggly eye

9 comments:

  1. Hey Lori,
    I love that little guy. Great colors. You rocked the challenge. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Lori!!! Such vibrant colors!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, what a really cute card! Gave me a chuckle on this very ugly morning. See ya on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so darn cute! I love this fun color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinkin' cute, I really like what you did

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card Lori! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable... Love the vibrant colors. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips