Friday, January 9, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 81

This week’s blogger challenge was to do a project with designer paper as the centerpiece. Right now, I am loving playing with the beautiful Irresistible papers from My Mind’s Eye, so I decided to use some of them for my project. I love the combination of pinks, browns and cream found on these pretty sheets of paper.

I used my Top Note die to cut out three different patterned panels of designer paper. Each die cut was then cut into three (sort of) equal strips. I pieced them together to create the one Top Note shape used on this card. I wrapped a strip of reversible pink and brown satin ribbon around the panel. The Top Note is set on a piece of Sweet Blush cardstock at an angle for some interest, then layered on a kraft card base.

I wanted to keep the focus on the papers, so I kept the rest of the card pretty simple. I stamped the solid heart image from Our Craft Lounge’s Tree-Mendous Love set in Sweet Blush ink, then stamped the open heart image over that in Raspberry Fizz ink. I added a simple sentiment below that, then used Nestabilities dies to cut out the images and a scalloped mat. After I placed the heart image securely on the card and knew I was done with everything else, I added some light pink Stickles. My track record with Stickles is not great--I love using them, but I always end up smudging them, no matter how careful I am . . .

For more patterned paper inspiration, you can visit the other challenge participants. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
From
i {heart} papers: My Mind’s Eye Irresistible designer papers, May Arts reversible pink/brown satin ribbon, Nestabilities circle and scalloped circle dies, Our Craft Lounge Tree-Mendous Love stamp set, Cotton Candy Stickles
Other: Kraft cardstock, Top Note die, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Sweet Blush and Vintage Cream cardstock, Sweet Blush and Raspberry Fizz Palette inks (Papertrey Ink)

19 comments:

  1. FASTASTIC Lori. What a great use of papers and I love the fact that you used them with this Top Note die. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I love the Top Note die...it goes with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design! Gorgeous! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, this is adorable!! Love the pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love the ribbon with that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I like the three papers used with the Top Note die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh this is soooo sweet and such soft colors! So Pretty! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOO, love how did that paper on the Top Note!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a terrific way to use the Top Note die Lori! Very creative! Lovely card! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those papers and how you used them with the Top Note die. Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I have the same problem with stickles...good to know I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Friday Lori. Perfect! Wow oh wow! I loe the colors and your paper too. Such a beautiful card. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you layered the different papers with the top note die! Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lori, I love how you combined the three
    papers. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun and pretty card. Love the lucious ribbon....the paper patterns are perfect. GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These papers are gorgeous! I love the way you used them. Terrific job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips