Sunday, January 25, 2009

Love Etc.

I'm finally getting a chance to use my January Kit of the Month from Unity Stamp Co. I really like the images in this month's Love Etc. kit. They are a great size and include a nice mix of images and sentiments.

I used the heart "bush" image for my card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. My card is based on this one in Vicky Gould's gallery. I kept the layout and the colors mostly the same--I remember really liking this color combination when it was a color challenge a while back. I changed the images used and some of the embellishments on my version.

I stamped the image in Black Craft ink, then heat embossed it with black embossing powder. I added the "all my love" sentiment in plain black ink. Like Vicky, I distressed the edges of the image panel before layering it on black and gray mats.

I embossed the Purely Pomegranate panel on the cardfront with the Floral Fantasy embossing folder. It has a few hearts hidden in the pattern! I replaced the black dotted ribbon in the original card with gray taffeta ribbon in my version.

Materials Used:
January Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Basic Black Classic ink, Black Craft ink, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Gray, and Basic Black cardstock, Black embossing powder, distressing tool, gray taffeta ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Floral Fantasy embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Page Plans, also featuring an image from Love Etc. All of the card sketch design team members used the sketch to create cards with a Valentine's theme.

I went with a simple but elegant black, white, and red theme. I made the large panel for the cardfront with a piece of diagonal striped paper in shades of black, white, and gray. I matted it on a piece of red for a pop of color.

I stamped the "all my love" sentiment (again!) in red on a white panel. I really like the handwriting-like font used for the sentiment. I added an acetate die cut shape and a black button to the panel as an embellishment.

This is the last week to enter the Page Plans contest to win a Making Memories Slice. You can find all the details here.

Materials Used:
January Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, scallop edge punch, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up); acetate die cut (K & Company); button (Walmart); patterned paper (Making Memories Scrapbook Basics mat pack)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips