Friday, January 30, 2009

Meet Martini Darling

As promised, I have another sneak peek at a soon-to-be released set from Clear & Simple Stamps. Here’s your very first look at Martini Darling, the newest addition to the fabulous Simple Darlings from Clear & Simple Stamps. This just might be my favorite Clear & Simple Stamps set yet!

I based the colors for my card around the patterned paper I used. I've had this fun olive/martini themed paper from Luxe in my stash, just waiting for the perfect image to pair it with. One of the Darlings from the set is colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the colors in the paper. I added some details with a Copic Spica glitter pen. I used red ink to stamp the “happy hour” sentiment alongside the image and added a trio of sparkly red mini rhinestones to accent it.

The circles were cut using my extremely high-tech circle cutting system (old plastic lids from food containers, traced and then cut on the line). The red behind the patterned paper really makes the paper’s pattern pop. I layered the circles on an Aqua Mist card base after wrapping a slightly deeper Ocean Tides dotted ribbon around the cardfront. I placed the image over the circle panel using dimensionals.

Here's a look at the rest of the images in this fun set. I'll have more Clear & Simple Stamps samples to share with you soon.

Materials Used:
Martini Darling stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Pure Luxury white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers and glitter pen (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock, Ocean Tides Swiss dot satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); patterned paper (Luxe-Cocktail Dress: Martini)

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Lori! Love the colours and what a fun set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job with this set! I do love your high tech circle cutting system I think I've used the same one! Although your cutting job looks far superb compare to how mine usually does. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips