Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cheep Talk Shoebox Swap

Cindy is hosting another shoebox swap today. I always enjoy getting together with the group of people that gather for her swaps. Lucky for me that my new Stampin’ Up! stuff arrived on Thursday, just in time to design this card to bring along.

Even though my collection of bird and tree sets has grown by leaps and bounds over the past year, I couldn’t resist getting Cheep Talk. I loved the whimsical bird images and the sentiments curved to fit along the branches of the tree. I found it really easy to line up the sentiment pretty much where I wanted it, even without a Stamp-a-ma-jig.

Here’s the card I designed for today. Since there are 31 swappers attending the event, I kept the card pretty simple to make and assemble. The bird image is stamped in Baja Breeze ink on a Kiwi Kiss branch. The sentiment is stamped in Pacific Point ink to pop against the white and softer bird and branch colors.

I am still working my way through tons of Bella Rose designer paper, so I used a panel of paper from the pack along the left side of the card. It’s edged with a scalloped strip of Pacific Point cardstock to bring in a little more of this bold blue. I added a photo corner, accented with a brad, and a ribbon tab to the image panel, then attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

Materials Used (all from Stampin’ Up!):
Cheep Talk stamp set, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Pacific Point Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Whisper White cardstock, Bella Rose designer series paper, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, photo corner punch, scallop edge punch, silver brad, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. So sad I have to miss today's shoebox swap! This stamp set is on my wish list - it would have been great to make this awesome card! I'm sure I will be CASEing it later. Thanks for the inspiration, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi lori! have fun today, cute card. I have to check out the SU catty, last time I tried to get in it wouldn't load.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at the shoebox swap Lori...sounds like a blast!
    Love your card, this set called out to me too...can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, this is really cute. I've yet to place my SU order, can you believe I still haven't done that since the new catty came out? Gotta get this one. Hey, I tagged you with an award. Deets are on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You talked a bunch of folks into that set Lori at the swap. My table fell in love with it and we all had agreed we were less than thrilled when we saw it in the catalog. The way the words swirl is a definite nice factor. Loved your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, I love your card. I didn't give this set a second look when I went through the catalog. But the whole time I was making your card yesterday, I kept repeating "I don't want this set, I don't want this set." I think Cathy, Marcia and Karen were ready to slap me by the time I finished it. LOL.
    But now I really do want it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips