Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More Hand Holding

I turned to Melanie's Hand-in-Hand set from Gina K Designs again for today's SCS sketch challenge. This card came together quickly using patterned paper from My Mind's Eye to tie all the elements together.

The hands image is colored with Copic markers--still need practice with coloring those hands . . . I fit the sentiment underneath, stamped in bold red ink.

I stitched the patterned paper to a panel of Ocean Tides cardstock using a zig zag stitch. I layered the red strip over that, then added the image panel with a coordinating ribbon tab. This is a color combination I wouldn't have come up with on my own, but I really like it.

I went back and forth between felt hearts and a Prima flower as a simple embellishment before finally settling on the bright red flower with a pearl Dew Drop center.

Materials Used:
Hand-in-Hand stamp set, white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Pure Poppy Palette ink, Aqua Mist and Ocean Tides cardstock, Ocean Tides grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Real Red cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!) ; patterned paper (My Mind's Eye Out & About Diamonds #2); flower (Prima); Dew Drop (Kitchen Sink Stamps); sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. Every time I see this set used I am reminded of how much I like it. Great job Lori!! A beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Lori! I think your colouring is great! Love this colour combo!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips