Friday, January 16, 2009

Stamp Something Birthday Challenge

Starving Artistamps is the sponsor of this week’s challenge at the Stamp Something challenge blog. This week’s challenge theme is birthdays. I turned to my DoodleFactory stamps to create a fun birthday card for the challenge.

I created this card with a child’s birthday in mind. That led me to choose the bright, primary color scheme, which I usually don't use.

The cutie creature image--his name is Rupert, by the way--is colored with Copic markers. I added a trio of balloons to his hand from the Simple Birthday set. This fun set includes some yummy-looking cupcakes, too. The balloons are colored with Copic markers, then coated with some Angel Wings Shimmerz to give them a sparkly, festive look.

I "borrowed" a birthday sentiment from one of the country sentiment sets for my card. I inked up about half of the sentiment and stamped it to fit on a circle. Since this was designed to be a card for a child, I kept it pretty simple--just a ribbon and a photo corner for embellishments.

Be sure to stop by the Stamp Something blog and the Starving Artistamps Gallery for more birthday card inspiration.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Creature set, Simple Birthday set, Country Sentiments Set #2, striped background stamp (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Brocade Blue, and Bashful Blue cardstock, 1 ¼” and 1 3/8” circle punches, photo corner punch, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); light blue grosgrain ribbon (Morex); Angel Wings Shimmerz (i {heart} papers)

3 comments:

  1. This is so adorable Lori! He is just too cute!

    My friend Dawn is guest designer over at Starving Artist Stamps...I'm so excited for her, 'cause she has been wavin' their banner for a while! Their stuff is so fun and different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Lori! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips