Monday, January 19, 2009

Remix Revisited

I am having so much fun with the images in the DoodleFactory Valentine Remix set from Starving Artistamps. Since I've had some extra stamping time over my extended weekend, I was able to pull out some of the Remix images to use for some blogger sketch challenges.

First, I did Lauren's sketch using the cute little candy image. The image is colored with Copic markers and embellished with a little glitter. I layered it on a pinked circle mat to kind of copy the edges of the candy wrapper.

I stamped the "so sweet" sentiment from Simple Sweet Sayings in the bottom right corner of the pink panel. It doesn't show in the photo, but I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to painstakingly line up the sentiment and stamp it repeatedly in matching pink ink on the panel.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Valentine Remix set, Simple Sweet Sayings set, pretty background stamp (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Sweet Blush and Dark Chocolate Palette inks, Sweet Blush and Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Real Red classic ink, Real Red and Close to Cocoa cardstock, Chocolate Chip poly twill, Dazzling Diamonds, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and pinking circle dies (Nestabilities); pink buttons (Walmart)

For this card, I used fellow Great Swaps Girl Mercy's Tuesday sketch challenge. Her sketches always have a bunch of layers on them and turn out looking so nice. I created a little scene for the main image panel with Stewie and the small envelope image. I used a cloud template to create the sky and sponged on some grass, too.

I embossed the red panel with the Cuttlebug Heart Blocks folder, then highlighted the embossing by rubbing on some shimmery white pigment ink. The strip across the cardfront is made using a Martha Stewart border punch. I'm not thrilled with this punch. It didn't punch cleanly, so I had to run the strip through it a bunch of times. I'm going to try to sharpen it with some foil and see if that makes a difference . . .

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Valentine Remix set and sentiments (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Cool Caribbean, Certainly Celery, and Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, and Basic Gray cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds, sponge, Real Red and Basic Black markers, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); heart border punch (Martha Stewart); white satin ribbon (Target); Heart Blocks embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Moonlight White ink (Brilliance); heart brad (Making Memories)

And, finally, this card uses Mary Jo's sketch challenge. The cute little bee image is the focal point on this 4 1/2" square card. I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the bee's wings and to the envelope in the bee's "hands."

I used my new Nestabilities hearts to create a layered mat for the bee image. I layered this over a block of light pink paper stamped with the striped background stamp from Starving Artistamps. Kind of matches the stripes on the bee . . . I stamped the "bee my valentine" sentiment in rose ink and punched it out with a circle punch, then added another one of those tiny heart brads as an embellishment. The yellow card base is a little change from the all red and pink valentines--I kind of like it!

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Valentine Remix set and sentiment, striped background (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, and Barely Banana cardstock, 1 3/8" circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Dazzling Diamonds, Regal Rose and Basic Black markers, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); heart brad (Making Memories); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); heart and scalloped heart die (Nestabilities)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! These are adorable! Love all of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. lori...these are all fabulous...you've been one busy little lady! thank you so muc for playing with my sketch last week, and i hope to see you again this week!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lotsa lotsa cute card!!! I love them all, so happy and bright!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them are fantastic Lori...but I'm loving that cupcake!!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three cards are so fun! I love the doggy with the card what a fun stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each of these cards are just adorable! I love the bee on the one for my sketch, so cute. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips