Monday, January 5, 2009

Tacky, Tacky, Tacky

Today's technique challenge on SCS was called Tacky Glitter. It involves using pieces of tacky tape to create a pattern on your paper, then covering the sticky stuff with lots and lots of glitter. I couldn't resist trying this out. I combined this challenge with Verve's color challenge for a Valentine's Day themed card.

I created red glittery stripes on a piece of Blush Blossom cardstock. I used a very fine Martha Stewart glitter--so pretty. And, as Lynn advised in her directions, I made sure Cosmo the crazy dog was far, far away (outside, actually) when I did the glitter application. Not too, too messy this time.

I layered the glittery panel on a piece of Riding Hood Red cardstock, then on a Kraft card base. I stamped one of the sentiments from Verve's Wild Thing set on a Blush Blossom circle, then layered that on a scalloped kraft circle. I stamped one of the heart images from the set on a scrap of Blush Blossom and trimmed around it, then placed it on the card. I must have switched the placement of the pieces on this cardfront at least 20 times before settling on this final configuration!

By the way, if you're looking for a good buy on this tape, check out i {heart} papers. Kate carries a gigantic 60 yard roll of the stuff here. It's the best for projects like nugget boxes and other folded paper containers--and for tacky techniques like this one, of course.

Materials Used:
Wild Thing stamp set (Verve Stamps); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red, Blush Blossom, and Kraft cardstock, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Carnelian glitter (Martha Stewart); i {stick} papers red line tape (i {heart} papers)

3 comments:

  1. this looks like so much fun....I'm gonna have to try it...love your red sparkly stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I love the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job with this. A very pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips