Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 30

Here’s my card for this week’s recipe from Sketches {by Tamara}. This week’s required ingredients were kraft, lace, and brads.

I love, love, love, kraft, so that part wasn’t too difficult for me. Lace, on the other hand, isn’t something I use often. I think the last time (and maybe even the first time) I used lace was for another of Tamara’s recipe challenges.

I decided to pair the kraft cardstock with the new bold Raspberry Fizz color from Papertrey Ink. I used some of the Raspberry Fizz Mix patterned paper along with some of the solid paper and a scrap of Sweet Blush cardstock to create a tiered panel for the cardfront. I added a piece of lace as an overlay to the panel.

I added a trio of Prima flowers in varying shades and patterns of pink, overlapping the tiered paper panel just a bit. Each flower has a pink rhinestone brad at its center.

The “all things grow with love” sentiment from PTI’s Garden of Life is stamped in Raspberry Fizz ink directly on the kraft cardstock. The bold color stands out nicely against the kraft background.

For more inspiration using these ingredients, stop by Tamara’s blog. The recipe design team always provides amazing samples.

Materials Used:
Garden of Life stamp set, Raspberry Fizz Palette ink, Raspberry Fizz and Sweet Blush cardstock, Raspberry Fizz Mix(Papertrey Ink); flowers (Prima); kraft cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin’ Up); rhinestone brads (Making Memories); lace (?)

3 comments:

  1. Love this card Lori! So pretty - lovng the pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like craft paper and must experiment with it. I haven't used it much. Like how you did the card. I also have difficulty picturing lace...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips