Sunday, February 1, 2009

Anya (and Friends)

In honor of the "grand opening" of Club Anya featuring the cute Anya stamps from The Greeting Farm, I thought I'd do a card with an Anya image today. I made this one for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. My card is based on this one.

I used the Anya from the Pretty Hat set. She's colored with Copic markers. I added some Dazzling Diamonds to her necklace for some shimmer. I colored her to match the bright striped My Mind's Eye patterned paper I used to cover most of the cardfront.

I loved how the original card had a large felt snowflake peeking out from under the corner of the stamped image panel, so I included a similar element on my card. There's a large yellow flower layered under the image panel.

My card was looking a little crowded, so I kept the rest of it pretty simple. I added a Cuttlebug embossed strip and a small circle with the "so pretty" sentiment to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Pretty Hat stamp set (The Greeting Farm); Pure Luxury white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Berry Sorbet Palette ink, Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, and Summer Sunrise cardstock (Papertrey Ink); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); 1" circle punch, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); flower (Lakeshore School Supply); Bloom Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); orange self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels); small button (Walmart)

And, here's another card featuring stamps from the Greeting Farm. I made this one for this week’s sketch at Page Plans. I’ve already dropped it in the mail as a thank you card for a thoughtful friend.

I used one of the cute bunny images from The Greeting Farm’s Lucky Bunnies set as the main image. This is the first time I’ve colored one of the bunnies in non-real bunny colors. I picked soft pinks to match the colors of my card. The bunny’s belly is covered with white flocking powder and the flower is popped up on a dimensional, with a tiny pink rhinestone at the center.

The patchwork of patterned paper on the cardfront uses both sides of the same piece of KI Memories patterned paper. I really liked the mix of circles and the grid pattern side by side. I stitched them together on my sewing machine using a zig zag stitch, which ended up being much more of a production than it should have been. I guess I should have been paying more attention to the amount of thread left on the bobbin . . . Lesson learned!

Materials Used:
Lucky Bunnies and Happy Chef stamp sets (The Greeting Farm); Pure Luxury white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Sweet Blush and Spring Rain cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Bashful Blue Classic ink, mat pack and paper piercing tool. dimensional (Stampin’ Up!); white Fun Flock (Stampendous); rectangle dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (KI Memories Just Married Favors); pink self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels); sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. I especially like the first card...it's colors are so cheery and fresh! I like the flower peeking out the back, and the image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cards Lori - I always look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips