Thursday, February 12, 2009

I {Heart} Valentine Papers

I have two cards to share with you that showcase some of the fabulous Valentine’s Day designer papers I got from i {heart} papers.

Here’s my card for this week’s recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week’s required ingredients were patterned paper, hearts, and ribbon. I used Lauren’s Saturday sketch as the basis for this one. I think my dimensions/proportions are a little off from what was intended in the sketch, but it seemed to work out . . .

I started with a panel of My Mind’s Eye Irresistible designer paper. The images on this paper are an almost-perfect match for the heart and stem flower I built using stamps from the Hero Arts Heart to Heart set. I love when that happens!
It’s hard to see in my photo, but I painted the heart image with Royal Red Shimmerz paint. It’s so shimmery IRL! I added a Valentine’s Day sentiment along the side and layered the panel on a red panel with a scalloped heart border. I used a scrap of cream faux suede ribbon to form a ribbon tab on the right side of the image panel.

Materials Used:
From i {heart} papers:
My Mind’s Eye Irresistible designer paper, Hero Arts Heart to Heart stamp set and self-adhesive heart pearls, May Arts cream faux suede ribbon, Royal Red Shimmerz paint
Other: Old Olive and Real Red Classic inks, Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla cardstock, circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); tiny heart border punch (Martha Stewart)

This card is for this week’s mid-week bonus sketch reveal at Page Plans. I used some of my other favorite Valentine’s Day papers, the Bittersweet line from Basic Grey, on this one. This is a great sketch for showing off pretty designer paper! I layered the paper on a piece of kraft cardstock with slightly distressed edges.

The sentiment is a self-adhesive metal word (love) that I picked up in the dollar bin during a recent trip to Michaels. I added a dainty pink puffy heart to the left side of the panel as a fun accent.

I don’t usually do this, but I wrapped two different kinds of ribbon around the cardfront. The piece on the bottom of the card, under the sentiment panel, is a narrow cream double stitched velvet ribbon. The piece knotted at the top of the card is a reversible pink/dark pink satin ribbon.

Materials Used:
From i {heart} papers:
Basic Grey Bittersweet designer paper, The Card Co. pink puffy heart, May Arts reversible pink/light pink satin ribbon, Maya Road cream double stitched velvet ribbon
Other: Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette, and Kraft cardstock, distressing tool, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); self-adhesive metal word (Colorbok)

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic Lori!! Love your DP choices...and that LOVE is awesome! great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable Lori! Love the colours and pp choices!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori!! Both cards are fabulous!! I love the colors on both cards and the dps are beautiful!! I especially love the pink and brown color combo on your second card!! Awesome job!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both cards Lori. The ribbon is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips