Monday, February 23, 2009

Clean and Simple Blue Birds

Here's my card for this week's clean and simple card challenge at SCS. This week's challenge was a sketch challenge. I really like this sketch!

I used a monochromatic blue color scheme and images from my Unity Stamp Co. February Kit of the Month (still hasn't made it's way off of my table . . .). The birds are stamped in Baja Breeze ink on a Soft Sky panel. I placed a narrow strip of white grosgrain ribbon below the birds, creating a divider between the stamped image and the Baja Breeze patterned paper panel below it. I stamped the "happy" sentiment directly on the patterned paper in Blue Bayou ink. These SU! In Colors from three different years look so nice together!

I layered the stamped panel on a kraft cardfront. I placed a trio of brown and blue felt flowers, each with a brad at the center, on the upper left corner of the panel to finish the card.

Materials Used:
February Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Blue Bayou and Baja Breeze Classic inks, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Kraft cardstock, Baja Breeze Patterns designer paper, white grosgrain ribbon, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); felt flowers (American Crafts)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips