Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 37

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week's required ingredients were flowers, buttons, and glitter. My glitter is a little bit of a stretch, but it's there!

For the main image panel, I used one of the flower images from the new Papertrey Ink Friends 'Til the End stamp set. I stamped the images in white pigment ink on Raspberry Fizz cardstock. I like the contrast of the white against the vivid pink.

I layered the stamped panel on a shimmery silver paper, then on the black card base. I incorporated a little more black for the sentiment panel. The word "friend" is stamped in white pigment ink, with a row of paper piercing below it. I added a white button to the end of the panel. Here's where my glitter comes in--I threaded a piece of magenta glimmer ribbon through the button hole and knotted it. Love this stuff! Check back later today for a chance to get some of it for yourself . . .

Materials Used:
Friends 'Til the End stamp set, Raspberry Fizz cardstock, white button (Papertrey Ink); White Craft ink, Basic Black cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); magenta glimmer ribbon (i {heart} papers)

3 comments:

  1. So classy and elegant looking Lori~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Papertrey stamp & I love the color combo too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just loving all the cards I'm seeing with this flower from Papertrey. It is definitely on my wish list!
    The ribbon matches the cardstock perfectly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips