Saturday, February 21, 2009

Enjoy (the Weekend)

It's Saturday morning (the weekend--yay!) and time for another Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. This week's challenge is hosted by Lynn. She shared a sketch for a fun square card with multiple panels.

My February Kit of the Month from Unity Stamp Co. arrived yesterday (jammed in my mailbox . . .), so I had to try it out on this sketch. I used markers to ink the different parts of this whimsical image featuring a table and a vase with a single flower.

I found solid and patterned papers that coordinated with the colors in the stamped image to finish the card. The border was drawn in with a fine-tip marker and a ruler. I tried doodling, but it didn't work for me, so I ended up going the "safe" route and drawing a straight line instead. Since my card was small (4 1/4" square), I decided to put only 2 little Prima flowers as an embellishment.

I have fun plans for today. Instead of my usual Saturday filled with laundry and catching up on errands and other stuff, I'm meeting one of the Paper Craft Planet DT girls, Sankari, for lunch and maybe some crafty shopping. I'm so excited to get to hang out with her for a while!

Materials Used:
February Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Tempting Turquoise Classic ink, Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White cardstock, Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery marker, Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); flowers (Prima); rhinestones (Walmart); London Fog ink (Memento)

3 comments:

  1. A very pretty card Lori!!

    Enjoy your Saturday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is cute Lori. Got get myself over there for those challenges!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips