Saturday, February 21, 2009

Gold Star

Here's my card for this week's Viva la Verve sketch challenge. This week's challenge twist was to include acetate on your card.

I decided to use a star theme for my card. I took the colors for the card from the star patterned paper that I used for the panel on the right side of the card. I added a shimmery gold panel, wrapped with a blue ribbon. I stamped one of the star images from Verve's Polka Stars on a piece of acetate in gold pigment ink, then let it dry while I assembled the card.

The "superstar" sentiment from was a perfect match for my card's theme. I stamped it in the gold ink on a scrap of navy cardstock and added a gold star brad to the end before attaching it to the cardfront. I added the acetate layer last, using a glue dot hidden under the sentiment panel to adhere it to the Brocade Blue panel on the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Great Expectations and Polka Stars stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Galaxy Gold ink (Brilliance); Night of Navy and Brocade Blue cardstock, French Blue grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); star brad (Making Memories); patterned paper (Scribble Scrabble--Sam's Collection: Little Circles/Blue Houndstooth); gold paper (Target); gold Dew Drops; acetate

1 comment:

  1. Wow, such a pretty card, Lori! Love the gold star against the blue cardstock. .nice contrast!! The sentiment matches nicely like you said!! I think this is a great card to give to a child who did well in something. Awesome card!

    maria

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips