Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rock Star!

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. The sketch comes from DT member Kim and is a fun one! It’s a standard sized card with about 1 ¼” cut off from the right edge of the front panel. This reveals a bit of the back panel of the card and gives you the perfect place to put a sentiment or some embellishments.

I used a sneak peek set from Clear & Simple Stamps for my card. These images are from the new Rock Star set. I colored the guitar image with pink Copic markers and highlighted it with some silver gel pen and pink Spica glitter pen, too. I cut out the guitar and attached it to the yellow panel with dimensionals, then added a trio of star brads to the corner of the panel.

The front of the card is covered with some shiny, sparkly striped paper from Debbie Mumm. I continued the sparkly theme by adding some sparkly yellow ribbon around the card, too. And, to tie in a few more stars to go with the star brads, I used a Martha Stewart star border punch to create a strip to attach underneath the cardfront, just peeking out. I stamped the “rock star” sentiment in Regal Rose ink on the back of the card--a perfect match for my star punches and star brad embellishments. I'll have more samples to share using this set over the next week or two . . .

Materials Used:
Rock Star stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers and pink Spica pen (Copic); patterned paper (Debbie Mumm Baby Girl); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, and Barely Banana cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); star border punch (Martha Stewart); sparkly yellow ribbon (My Favorite Things)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card - I love the pink and yellow! That guitar is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips