Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fly

Here's my card for this week's Viva la Verve sketch challenge. The twist with this week's challenge was clean and simple, which meant a limit of only one embellishment. With this one, I've completed all four of the sketches this month!

To make up for the lack of embellishments, I used a patterned paper with some glittery stripes in it for the large circle. I stamped the small butterfly from Verve's Beautiful Kindness set in black ink and colored it with pink markers. I made a vellum overlay for the butterfly for a 3-d effect.

I stamped the sentiment in rose ink on a light pink panel, then layered it on the card with dimensionals. I added a trio of pale pink Bella dots as my embellishment to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Beautiful Kindness stamp set (Verve Stamps); Regal Rose and Basic Black Classic inks, Pink Pirouette, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Barely Banana cardstock, white vellum, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white Choice Cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); pink Bella dots (Stamping Bella); patterned paper (Imaginisce); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lori! Love that DP...it's so pretty and your butterfly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lori! I love the colours and that butterfly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute Lori, I love the bright, fun colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips