Saturday, March 14, 2009

Easter Release from Clear & Simple Stamps

Tomorrow, Clear & Simple Stamps is releasing 8 new stamp sets, perfect for spring and Easter. Here's what you'll be able to add to your collection:

I have a pair of samples using the new Easter Basket set to share with you today.

Here's one that uses images from the set in a non-Easter way. I got the idea from the "Basket full of love" sentiment included with the set.

I used the basket image, but instead of showing the eggs that are in the image, I attached a pair of pink puffy hearts to the basket, making a basket full of love.

I continued the love theme by using heart patterned Basic Grey paper for the panel on the cardfront. I added some faux stitching along the side of the patterned paper panel and attached it to a light pink card base. I used a piece of reversible satin pink/light pink ribbon to tie a pretty knot around the card.

Materials Used:
Easter Basket stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Close to Cocoa and Regal Rose Classic inks, Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Basic Grey-Bittersweet line); puffy pink hearts, May Arts pink/light pink reversible satin ribbon (i {heart} papers)

This one is a fun pocket card I made as an invitation to an Easter egg hunt. I used bright pastel colors for a real spring look and feel.

The front of the yellow pocket card is covered with two coordinating K & Company designer papers. I stamped the egg images repeatedly in pink image to decorate the belly band I slid around the card. I created a scalloped edge for the band and wrapped a piece of ribbon around it for more interest and decoration.

The insert is simply a white panel, stamped with the same egg images along the top and the "Happy Easter" sentiment along the bottom. I rounded the panel's top corners and layered it on a celery panel, then added a round tab with the "egg hunt" sentiment to complete the insert.

You can pick up the Easter Basket set in the Clear & Simple Stamps store tomorrow. As an extra bonus, use the codeDTBlog309 for $1 off the Easter Basket set.

For more looks at the new sets, you can visit the other CSS DT members. Here's where to find them:

Materials Used:
Easter Basket stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Regal Rose Classic ink, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock, scallop edge punch, round tab punch, Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (K & Company); green brad (Making Memories)

2 comments:

  1. What a cute pocket card. I think I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the basket full of love....those little hearts are so cool!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips