Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Lily

I made this card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. My card is based on this one and is very similar to it.

I kept the layout and colors the same, down to even using the same designer paper panel on the cardfront. I changed the stamped image, switching it to the pretty multi-step Lily set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I stamped the lily with a variety of pink inks to get the beautiful flower you see here. I masked the flower with a sticky note, then added the stem image. The flower panel is attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.

Instead of a piece of grosgrain ribbon, I wrapped a piece of pink satin ribbon around the panel on the card's base. I used the same sentiment ("thank you," from the KSS 3 Step Daisies set), but instead of stamping it in black, I stamped it in Certainly Celery ink to match the cardfront for a softer, more subtle look.

Materials Used:
Multi-step Lilies and 3 Step Daisies stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock, Spring Fling designer series paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet Palette inks (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips