Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 40

Here’s my card for this week’s recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week’s required ingredients were three different patterned papers, staples, and stars. I used Lauren’s Saturday sketch challenge to pull all of the elements together.

Three different patterns can be a lot on a card, so to make it easier, I started with a kit. All of the papers and elements in the kit come already coordinated, so at least I had an idea that they’d look okay together—LOL! I used the 3 Bugs in a Rug Happy Bird-Day Caboodle kit I got from i {heart} papers and mixed and matched the papers until I came up with a combination I liked.

I used the lightest patterned paper for the largest panel so that I’d be able to stamp a sentiment directly on the paper. I used the “you’re a star” sentiment from the Hero Arts Sky’s the Limit set. I attached a chipboard star, painted with Angel Wings Shimmerz, to the right of the sentiment and stapled two coordinating tabs of mint glimmer ribbon to the upper left corner of the card. I think this card took me about 15 minutes from start to finish and I'm totally thrilled with how it turned out. Love when that happens!

Materials Used:
From
i {heart} papers: Hero Arts Sky’s the Limit stamp set, 3 Bugs in a Rug Happy Bird-Day Caboodle Kit, Creative Impressions mint glimmer ribbon, Angel Wings Shimmerz
Other: Blue Bayou Classic ink, kraft cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); chipboard star (American Crafts)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips