Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Woodgrain Silhouette Flowers

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Paper Craft Planet. This is a really versatile sketch that works well both horizontally and vertically. Tammy is our sketch hostess this week and she's doing double duty this week as the hostess of the new weekly 3-D challenge at PCP, too. The 3-D challenge this week is to make one of these fun tiny treat baskets that I showed in this post last week. I may have to try another one for this challenge. . .

Okay, on to my card. I used the woodgraining technique that Gina K highlighted on Stamp TV last week to make my background panel. I started with a Riding Hood Red panel and brushed cream and brown inks along the cardstock to get the woodgrained look. Really pretty and easy, too--but the other pieces on my card hide most of the background.

I stamped one of the silhouette flowers from Gina K's set on the cream panel, stamping off on two of the three images for a lighter image. The sentiment is also from this set. It's stamped in Riding Hood Red and accented with a copper brad.

I used a panel of SU!'s Candy Lane designer paper across the bottom, embellished with a piece of Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon. I really like this ribbon--the white edging is so pretty. I used a Pink Pirouette panel across the cardfront, matching the stripe in the patterned paper, then layered the woodgrained panel on a Chocolate Chip card base.

Materials Used:
Elegant Flowers stamp set (Gina K Designs); Riding Hood Red and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Candy Lane designer series paper, Red Riding Hood taffeta ribbon, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); Vintage Cream Palette ink (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Lori - love the colors and the dp!! I need to try one of your little baskets, too too cute, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips