Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sky's The Limit

When I saw this new Hero Arts Sky's the Limit stamp set at i {heart} papers, I knew I needed to add it to my collection. I love the cute line art images and the assortment of sentiments--great for so many occasions!

Here's my first card with this set. It's bright, but not too bright--at least I don't think so. I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch along with some of the new GCD Studios paper. This paper is so cool! It has a linen-like texture. I brought the card to work with me to show a co-worker (and ask if it was too bright--LOL!) and she couldn't stop rubbing the paper.

Anyway, this paper is from their Eye Candy line. I think I got one of almost every paper in this line, so you'll be seeing a lot of it and its bold colors. This pattern's called Red Hots. It matched pretty well with my Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz cardstock, so I used that for my card base.

I stamped the cute dotted cloud image in the raspberry ink, cut the cloud out and added it to a shimmery white circle. I stamped a trio of stars on yellow cardstock with the same pink ink and added them to the circle panel. The "you're a star" sentiment fit perfectly under the images.

I used both sides of the patterned paper for the panels on the card. They've got a lot going on, so the only embellishment I added was the pastel yellow glimmer ribbon.

Materials Used:
Other: Raspberry Fizz Palette ink, Raspberry Fizz and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pink Pirouette and Shimmery White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

I based this card on Lauren's Saturday sketch challenge. Since my first card was so girlie, I tried for a more masculine look on this one. It ended up being an almost no stamping card.

I started with the Stars & Stripes patterned paper from Sonburn Designs. I layered it on coordinating patterned papers, then added a strip of cream faux suede ribbon to separate the patterned panel from the stamped sentiment.

I found some matching chipboard stars in a jar of American Crafts chipboard pieces and layered those on the card over some circles to set them off from the patterned paper a bit. Totally different look from the first card, but I like this one, too.

Materials Used:

other: Bayou Blue Classic ink, Bayou Blue, Chocolate Chip, Cranberry Crisp, and River Rock cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); chipboard stars (American Crafts)

2 comments:

  1. I love both of these cards Lori!! The pink one is gorgeous!! And the colours in the second one are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards - Especially the bright colours

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips