Thursday, March 12, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Spinner and Treats

St. Patrick's Day is coming soon and I realized that I haven't shared the fun projects I made with the Irish Kiss stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps yet. So, here they are . . .

I haven't made one of these spinner cards in quite a while. I had forgotten how fun and easy they are to make.

I colored the hat with Copic markers and added a little glitter as an embellishment. It's layered on a pair of circle mats, then set into the track to spin back and forth. If you look carefully, you can see the "Kiss me, I'm Irish" sentiment inside the track!

I kept the rest of the card pretty simple to keep the focus on the spinning hat. The sentiment is stamped in the lower right corner in a darker green ink and embellished with a tiny bit of glitter.

Materials Used:
Irish Kiss stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Glorious Green Classic ink, Glorious Green and Gable Green cardstock, word window punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Lime Stickles (Ranger)

And, here's a cute little St. Patrick's Day themed basket filled with yummy Peppermint Patties. I'm so proud that I didn't eat the unused Patties by myself--I brought them in to work and shared the calories with my work buddies! You can find complete directions for the box here.

The sides of the box are covered with a pair of coordinating pattern papers--in shades of green, of course! I added a green ribbon handle, attached with brads. I used the large "Happy St. Patrick's Day" stamp to create a tag for the basket.

Each Peppermint Patty is covered with a scalloped circle layered with one of the clover images from the stamp set. My basket was able to comfortably hold three treats inside.

Materials Used:
Irish Kiss stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Certainly Celery Classic ink, Certainly Celery and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, circle and scalloped circle punches, mat pack and paper piercing tool, tag corner punch, horizontal slot punch, Sticky Strip, silver brads (Stampin' Up!); Lime Stickles (Ranger); patterned paper (K & Company)
And, here's a non-St. Patrick's Day card using one of the images from the set along with a sentiment from Martini Darling. I stamped a trio of beer mugs and colored each one to a different level of "fullness." On the fullest mug, I added a foamy Liquid Applique topping, too. I arranged the mugs from fullest to closest to empty along the cardfront.

I was going for a more masculine look on this card, so I used kraft cardstock as a card base and a striped patterned paper in shades of yellows, oranges, and browns. The paper was light enough that I could stamp the Martini Darling set's "happy hour" sentiment directly on it.

I'll have more Clear & Simple Stamps previews from the upcoming release soon. I'm saving them for a weekend treat . . .

Materials Used:
Irish Kiss and Martini Darling stamp sets (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Dark Chocolate Palette ink, Father Knows Best patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, and Kraft cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white Liquid Applique (Marvy Uchida); copper brads (Making Memories)

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Love the mugs of beer! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all but looked for the "link here" link and found nothing for the box?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff Lori! I love the spinner card, I totally remember learning that one many years ago at an SU Regional Conference in RI.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips