Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Thinking of Her

I made this card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I purposely made it very girlie looking since it's heading out in the mail tomorrow to a little girl. She's the young daughter of a friend and fellow SU! demo who's unfortunately had a recurrence of cancer. I want her (and her mommy) to know that I'll be keeping them in my thoughts.

I used my Petal Pizazz set for the bold flowers on the image panel. I stamped the images in Rose Red and Regal Rose Craft inks with Old Olive Craft ink leaves on a pale Pink Pirouette panel. I really like how craft ink looks against pale cardstock! Since the images are kind of big, it took me a few tries to get a stamped panel that I liked.

I borrowed the "thinking of you" sentiment from my Trendy Trees sentiment and stamped it on a word window punch (exactly perfect fit!). I found a scrap of Regal Rose ribbon in my ribbon jar, knotted it, and attached it at the edge of the sentiment as a simple embellishment. I added a large Rose Red photo corner with a brad at the center to the upper right corner, too.

I used narrow strips of paper from the Raspberry Tart paper pack on the cardfront. The colors are a perfect match for the stamped flowers. I like this paper pack, but for some reason I'm having a hard time using it on my projects, so I'm glad it worked so well for this one.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Petal Pizazz and Trendy Trees stamp sets, Regal Rose, Rose Red, and Old Olive Craft inks, Rose Red Classic ink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, and Old Olive cardstock, Raspberry Tart designer series paper, Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, word window punch, photo corner punch, silver brad

5 comments:

  1. I like the card.
    It's a great and creative job.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your color choice! Very cute and springy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Love your colors and layout! I've been playing with this set too and just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Lori! Love the pinks!! I'm sure your friend's little girl will adore this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori your card is very cheerful and happy! I'm sure it will be very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips