Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Unity Challenge: Retro Color Combo

It’s time for another Unity Addicts Challenge! Cyndi is our hostess this week and she gave us a fun, kind of retro color combination to work with—pink, orange, turquoise, and brown. Since she didn’t say exactly which shades of each of these to use, I bent the rules a little bit on this one. Mine is kind of the pastel version, I guess . . .

I took my color inspiration from the funky patterned paper from the Sassafras Lass Sunshine Lollipops line that I got from i {heart} papers. I used a strip of this paper along the left side of my card. It coordinated well with Papertrey Ink’s Melon Berry (my version of orange here), Hibiscus Burst (pink), and Aqua Mist (turquoise-ish) cardstock. I used scraps of each of these colors to paper piece the bird image from February’s Kit of the Month. I added a coordinating tiny rhinestone to each bird as an eye.

For brown, I used a piece of kraft cardstock as the card base. I placed the patterned paper panel and image panel, then stamped the “together” sentiment from March’s Kit of the Month under the image panel using Hibiscus Burst ink. I accented it with a little paper piercing.

For more Unity inspiration, you can visit the rest of the Unity Addicts. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
February and March Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Sunshine Lollipops designer paper (Sassafras Lass); Hibiscus Burst Palette ink, Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist, and Melon Berry cardstock, Aqua Mist twill (Papertrey Ink); Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions); Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Kraft and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin’ Up!)

3 comments:

  1. Lori, this is great! Love that paper!! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful, Lori! Great job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card Lori! (That was the same paper line that inspired the color choice :) )
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips