Saturday, April 11, 2009

Coffee and Friends

It's time for another sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. This week's sketch hostess is my buddy Sankari. She's got a fun sketch and a gorgeous sample, too.

Here's my version of the sketch. I hadn't used my Bold Flowers set from Gina K Designs yet and I thought the trio of squares in the sketch would be perfect for the bold flower image in the set. Since the images are bold, I went monochromatic on this one, using a combination of My Mind's Eye patterned paper and Papertrey Ink's Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet.

I stamped the medium sized flower image in Berry Sorbet ink, then added a 1/2" circle of Sweet Blush cardstock to the center of each flower. I finished each flower off with a pink rhinestone.

I stamped the sentiment on a petite oval Nestabilities cutout, using a Stamp-a-ma-jig to divide the saying into two lines. The ribbon between the sentiment and the mat below it really looks nice. I'll have to try that again soon!

Materials Used:
Bold Flowers stamp set (Gina K Designs); Berry Sorbet Palette ink, Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush stitched grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Threaded Water punch (Fiskars); 1/2" circle punch (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); petite oval dies (Nestabilities); pink self-adhesive rhinestones (Studio 18)

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I have accumulated a nice collection of coffee-themed stamp sets since it seems that everyone I know likes coffee. I've had this Gina K coffee set for a while, but hadn't used it either. When I saw this week's sketch on Stamp TV, I thought that one of the mug or cup images would be a nice fit for the circle panel. Here, I paper pieced the take-out cup image with a combination of cream and white cardstock scraps, then colored it just a little with Copic markers.

The combination of patterned papers is from the DCWV La Creme Matstack. These are such pretty papers in shades of creams, browns, and black. Some have elegant flocking, too. I stuck to simple patterns here so I could combine them. The lightest pattern is covering most of the cardfront so I could stamp the "thanks a latte" sentiment directly on the paper. I really like how this turned out. I think it's a great all-purpose thank you card and I can always use some of those!

Materials Used:
My Cuppa Joe stamp set, cream Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (DCWV's La Creme Matstack); Kraft cardstock, silver brads (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Nestabilities)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips